Monday, May 3, 2010

Nine Month Stats

Not an especially exciting post other than I can say "I have new neighbors!" These neighbors came complete with a 6 month old girl. I bet that girl heard about me and told her Mommy she wanted to live across the street.

We played at the park today and I got to see some of my baby friends and then
I went to see Dr. Canales for her to look me over and once again announce my perfection to the world. After almost an hour of waiting I was starting to think we weren't going to see her after all. At least not today. Then they called my name. I felt like I'd won a raffle. Not that that has ever happened to me, but I imagine that's the level of excitement I would feel if I DID when a raffle. Pretty stoked but not overly excited. Not wet your diaper excited. Maybe I'd pee a little if it was a big raffle.

Sorry. So eventually we made it into "the back" for the good part. I am officially 15 pounds 12 ounces (0 percentile - dang!), 28 inches long (38%), with a 39 percentile head. Dr. C says if we can bottle my metabolism Momma would get rich. Momma says she's going to try to suck my metabolism from my fingers cuz she wants it for herself. I don't know what all this metabolism talk is, but I know I am sleeping on my hands tonight.

At the end the friendly nurse surprised me with a shot. We (Momma and I) were counting on no shots today. We were wrong.

ALSO, I CAN CRAWL! Everyone says I did it backwards because I pulled up, then crawled on my hands and knees, and then scooted. Either way you do it, it rocks! For the non-facebook users.... Saturday night at our friends' house I crawled to the coffee table, stood up, poured out a glass of wine, and waved the wineglass around over my head. Hehe, THAT got everyone's attention focused back on me. The pizza was stealing my show.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited! He can start terrorizing Winston now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so darn cuuuute! AND that's awesome he's crawling! Well.... awesome for Knox. You are going to become even more exhausted than before now that you're chasing him everywhere! Sorry about the wine spill... sad to say that I still haven't learned my lesson after a glass of wine, 2 glasses of tea, and a cup of coffee. Our carpet is so gross!

    ReplyDelete