Friday, May 14, 2010

Knox Being Awesome Knox: A Mess. from Momma

By now we all know that Knox is pretty much a rock star, but did you realize just how amazing he truly is?

We have been attempting to teach him sign language for the past few months. In the beginning if you start early it is supposed to take awhile for them to catch on, and Knox is starting to get it! He is all over the "all done/no more" sign. We are following the American Sign Language signs so 'done' is holding both hands up and turning them outward to indicate that there is no more (see below). Since I have yet to figure out how to get video on here a picture will have to suffice.


Knox has been doing this off and on during various activities for a couple weeks but I can now say that he really knows what he is telling us and isn't just randomly waving his arms around. He is so funny with it. This morning after eating half a banana and most of his cherry oatmeal he clearly signed 'all done'. I stopped feeding him and started to get him out of his chair and he smiled like "yay, she finally understands". After breakfast we took a shower (he sits in is tub seat while I shower) and when I was almost done he started signing 'all done' and crying. AND when I stuck him in a swing and put on a video he had never seen and he didn't like it, he signed 'all done' until I changed it and he was happy again. He also regularly does this doing diaper changes which he hates. That always makes me laugh.


On a completely different (but still awesome Knox) note he has pooped in the toilet 20 times! I am weird and kept track. This all started back with the dreaded pox diaper free days and has continued with great success.

Way to go Knox!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously?!?! You're halfway potty training him?? I'm impressed. Kace also knows all done, which his baby sitter taught him. I think it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty damn amazing- the sign language and the pooping in the pot part!!! Do you just know when he's about to go and sit him down!?!?! I'm giggling picturing it!

    ReplyDelete