Sunday, February 28, 2010

With Silver Bells and Cockle Shells...

This Saturday I watched while Momma and Daddy prepared our yard for the spring garden. Actually it was mostly Momma and I watching Daddy do the yard work because who wants to sit on a picnic blanket all alone? I didn't! We have the best smelling yard on the block now. Daddy got free mulch from the dump and it was the recycled Christmas trees! So we took out the broccoli plants that had gone crazy with flowers and were making our friendly bees very happy and prepared to replace them with squash, watermelon, cantaloupe, cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes, and green bell peppers. We also got dill, basil, sage, thyme, oregano, and mint. Assuming there is produce to report on I will keep you updated!


Yep, they're all there.

It's a balancing act. I am trying to demonstrate this for the kitties. They are not paying attention and that's why they need all four legs.

1 comment:

  1. HE IS SO FREAKING CUTE!!!! Thanks for the gardening tips- especially about the broccoli bees!!! :) Let me know when you come back up to H-Town!

    ReplyDelete