Thursday, August 12, 2010

Birthday Day

Hello friends and faithful followers! It has been a full TWO WEEKS since I turned one and I have to say I like this new big kid status. Everyone has been incredibly generous to me and I feel like such a lucky guy. I meant to do this right after my birthday day but things have been pretty much nuts around here. Anyway, here goes...

My last night of being 0 years old I took an extra long bath (that Momma filmed) and I played some basketball in my room with Daddy. I rock at that game. I only had to watch the ball go through the hoop 2 times before I figured out how to do it by myself. I can even score two balls at the same time! (Momma filmed that too. She said the goodnight on the last night of being 0 it practically as special as waking up a whole year old.) I have a sneaky suspicion that Momma filmed me sleeping also. I am waiting to see the video confirmation, but I know my Momma.

Birthday day morning Momma AND Daddy came in and woke me up (filming again) and it was so exciting! The cats were all hungry hungry because it was early morning so they were meowing and meowing outside the door. Momma didn't seem to notice so I pointed them out and said "CA- CA-!"
(Ok here I have been very slow in mentioning MY FIRST WORD! I can say 'Cat'. Started just before my birthday, so more on that later.) After Daddy went to work Momma made me French toast for breakfast. That stuff was delicious (it was my first taste of it) and I had 2 whole pieces. Momma even filmed breakfast. Then we loaded up and went to the library for Tater Tot Storytime. My friends Dorian, Lola, and Kaede all came too!


After the library I came home to rest up for the aquarium! I also had lunch (which Momma filmed) of chicken gumbo and pasta salad. THEN we went to the aquarium and Amy (Winston the dog's mom) came with us! It was SO fun!




I was supposed to nap when we came home but instead I just had a short snooze and played with Daddy (who was home early from work). Sometime in the evening I got PRESENTS! These were presents from Momma and Daddy and Great Grandmother and Great Granddaddy.



After I played with my awesome new toys for a bit, Gram and Uncle Aaron came over with Outback dinner. Momma made me spaghetti so I had that AND some off of everyone's plate. I especially like Momma's lamb. (Oh and Momma filmed me getting my gifts AND eating dinner.)

Then came the best part... CAKE!!!!! Momma made me an owl carrot cake. Yummmmmm!




After the cake (and cleaning the cake crumbs off the floor) I stayed up extra late, until 11 PM, playing with my new toys.

A few more pictures from the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment