Tuesday, July 27, 2010

First 1st Birthday Party!

My very first birthday party was a success! My friends came (and brought their parents) and my Corpus uncles and Gram and Buelo, and Uncle Clay and Fun Sarah came from Austin. It was SO fun. We had a pop-up house/tent thing in the backyard and Momma filled it with big colored balls (and then everyone got to take one home! AND she bought too many so I have LOTS of them left!) and Daddy filled up my big blue swimming pool. Mostly just one friend and I swam, but Momma said it really came in handy for cleaning up the cupcake disaster (it was not a disaster, it was delicious!).  Uncle Aaron and Uncle Andrew (who came home from New Braunfels just to see me) gave me several pieces of watermelon. I LOVE watermelon and ate it all the way to the rind. There was also smoked brisket (by Daddy), pasta salad, Texas caviar dip, beans, fruit, and CUPCAKES. I had some of everything, but the cupcakes were the best part. Momma made them and Fun Sarah helped turn them into owls. My friends were so nice and brought me presents! Everyone gave me a book and I got some cool wheels, a Texas A&M hat, and G&B got me two big toys that I can stand up to push and ride on. SO fun!
(Message from Momma: Knox was given an owl cupcake and a second cupcake to hold the candle - that wouldn't light in the wind - and four mini cupcakes spelling out his name. He ate them all. There were of course crumbs all over his face, body, and his lap, but he did his best to eat every last bit. And then he tried to eat the candle. Actually bit off a chunk of candle. The kid will eat anything.)

Party favors

My dessert tray

Watermelon with Uncle Andrew

Eating some brisket

Starting on the cake! I wasn't sure what to do with it at first, but after Daddy stuck some in my mouth. I caught on pretty quickly after that.

Presents!

1 comment:

  1. I had a great time at your party, Knox! Thanks for letting me swim in your pool (in my swim suit AND my clothes!) We hope you liked your Mr. Tickle book and stuffed animal. My mommy said she needs to borrow that book back so she we can write you a message because we forgot!!
    Love- Kennedy.

    ReplyDelete