Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Uncles and Monkeys and Meerkats... Oh my!

We just wrapped up spring break and it. Was. AWESOME! Momma is still wondering if it counts as spring break when you aren't in school, but for my purposes I am saying it does. After spending one night with Gma and Mister Sir and had a sleepover with Uncle Pete, Auntie H, and my soon to be cool cousin, Burox. Momma went off with her friends and left me for the whole entire night. They seemed to have forgotten what a sleepover with friends really is (ummmm... staying up all night and partying, right?), so I spend pretty much the entire night trying to remind them. Uncle Pete was kind enough to get up with me hourly but then he'd sneak back in bed and I couldn't help but fall asleep.
The next day Momma picked me up and we spent the night with Em in downtown Houston before going to the zoo on Monday with Erin and Ethan. I love the zoo. Some of those critters were a little lazy for my taste, but the meerkats were sweeeeeeet! Those suckers were running and digging and jumping like 3 feet from my FACE! I also enjoyed the mangabeys (a primate) that laid down right up front and center. One of the mangabeys picked bugs off his friends booty and ate them. Serious friendship. I also rode a carousel and hung out with my best buddy E. We shared a snooze in his wagon and then I was right back to sightseeing until I passed out in Momma's arms at the exit. Oh, I forgot to mention the most interesting animal at the zoo... the people. I heard lots of different voices, saw nutso kids bouncing around, and almost got a hold of one lady's crazy hair until Momma stopped me. Foiled again.

Not too sure and kinda chilly walking into the zoo.

Our lunchtime snooze.

Gotta love this guy.

And I'm done. Slept all the way to College Station to resume Spring Break partying.

1 comment: