Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Beach Saturday

{Heads up that there's a lot of pictures. But they are awesome pictures. Unfortunately some of them are sideways :/ I thought I could rotate them in blogger so I didn't bother to do it before uploading them and now it seems I cannot. Annoying. If you know how to do this PLEASE let me know!}

Now for the good stuff. We took part of the Primrose Dr block party to the beach on Saturday. The kids had a blast. The adults had a blast. The puppy had a day at the beach.
It was forecasted to rain, but the sun was out and it was breezy. Cold water. Fabulous day!

Knox thinks boogie boards are surf boards and he loves to surf so we've been meaning to get him one for over a year. As we left the house he asked if we brought a shovel for digging at the beach. Nope. So we stopped for one. And if you're getting a shovel you might as well get a whole dig in the sand kit and a boogie board.
He LOVES it. He successfully rode in some waves on his belly on the board like you are supposed to use it with Chris's help. And spent the rest of the time in one inch of water standing on the board and waiting for the waves to come, lift the board up, and dump him off. He gave commentary throughout this process.

Standing on the board with a 'wave' headed his way,
"This is gonna be cool!"
3.1 seconds remaining on the board with an few inches of water around him,"
"I'm SURFING!"
And then as it got too deep to stand on it he'd stunt man fall one direction or another off the board into a foot or so of water.
He also offers lessons.
"You can do. You can surf too. Just stand on it and I will hold the string."


The Jabberwocky much preferred the shade under the truck to the water.


The first sand castle made with help from Daddy.


He was dry in the first picture. Then he was wet. And then he was filthy.


More castles! 


Indie napped in the car {windows down} the first hour or so, but then she joined us!


I LOVE this picture of her. She was really enjoying the beach!
It also reminds me of a picture I have seen of myself.
{Is there a similar one? Can you find it, mom?}


We took the bug down to get a little feel of the water.
Waiting.



Her first ocean experience!


....got a little deeper than expected.






Cailey, Knox and Ella had so  much fun running around with Ella's friends Rebecca and Reese.


Indie hung out in laps {and a mini-chair} to keep her from eating sand.


And The Jabberwocky dug a hole. Then Wilson had to be moved and The Jaberwocky's leash was attached with Wilson and he could no longer quite reach his hole. So he melted unto the sand instead.


Hey! My shadow made it in to the photo!


Her blanket seat belt.


She was so darn cute in that tiny chair in the circle of adults.



Gnawing on some cucumber.




Chris and I lost a game of bocce ball to Alison and Rick.




Upside down!



Cailey & Alison.




I wish I knew what my right arm was up to.



Jabs eventually shut down and just became another tiny sand dune.




Wilson.



Knox, Indie and I were so tired after this we spent the night in a pile on the couch. And Knox slept until 10:30 the next morning. And the salty, sandy dog was not given the much needed bath, but woke up in the morning somehow cleaner and fluffier looking than he did before we went to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment