Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Eggs

So Sunday night I realized Easter was in a week and I hadn't even thought of dyeing eggs yet. At this point last year I had spent the entire month blowing the insides out of every egg we ate, cleaning it, and then saving the empty shell for dyeing. At the end of all this Knox spent about six and a half minutes dyeing eggs. 

This year I completely forgot all about it, bought a dozen and a half eggs Sunday night, boiled them Monday afternoon, and finally got around to getting the stuff out of the attic and setting it all up Wednesday morning. 
BUT this year Knox LOVED it. The first half dozen he said "oooh it changed" every time we pulled it out of the dye. 


Gram came over to hang out with us and entertain Indie!


Indie had just woken up - I should've rotated this picture.


He was so good working the weird little egg holding wire.


We thought one of the colors was going to be purple and it turned out to be brown. Maybe that is what happens to purple when it sits around for a year. And can you tell which color was his favorite? {There wasn't a red.}


He wanted to keep going so while the rest of the eggs in the fridge were boiling we played flying Lego cars.


And Knox built a house {that he didn't want me to take a picture of}.



Knox colored and stickered a handful of eggs. And we added food coloring to the dye for the second batch, left the eggs in for SEVERAL minutes and got some super dark ones!


I know this is a lot of egg pics, but I love this color combo!
My favorite pic.




I saved the shells last year with a plan to do an activity with Knox with them. They got thrown away IN JULY when we moved. With these cool colors I've got to do it this time around. I'll share when the time comes!



No comments:

Post a Comment